Thursday, August 2, 2012

Forthcoming: Heroine

Okay, after watching this trailer, words cannot express how ecstatic I am that it's Kareena Kapoor doing this film instead of Aishwarya Rai. Mostly because this movie is perfect for Kareena. (And I also never really liked Aish, but that's beside the point.)

As anyone with a Bollypulse probably knows, Heroine is a forthcoming film directed by Madhur Bhandarkar and starring Kareena Kapoor and Arjun Rampal. The movie is supposed to expose the "realities" of a the Hindi film industry. I know. As a Madhur Bhandarkar film, this is completely shocking.

Really though, I know this is nothing new. And I know this pretty much looks like a Fashion version 2.0 (complete with the same Mughda Godse). Nevertheless, I am so unbelievably excited for this movie. One small part of it is that I've always loved movies about Bollywood (Khoya Khoya Chand, Om Shanti Om, Luck By Chance, etc.)  The other part of it is that Kareena is a powerhouse and I know this movie will be good because of her.

Now to the trailer. Kareena looks, needless to say, ravishing. Is it too much for me to say that she might be becoming the new Queen Bee of Bollywood? If this movie does well, that may very well be the case. My other favorite part of the trailer was, but of course, the item song. The snippets we see of "Halkat Jawaani" are amazing, and the song is already stuck in my head. I can't wait for the music of this movie to release.

Even though this is definitely a topic that has been covered before, Heroine still looks bold, interesting, and best of all--glitzy. And this exactly how I like my Bollywood to be.

1 comment:

  1. I don´t know what this film will do to Kareena´s ego, I can´t imagine her boasting even more than she does, but I´m sure her performance will be just excellent. Not really excited about the story (or whatever is expected of it), but it is definitely a film one expects with curiosity.

    ReplyDelete