Tuesday, March 6, 2012

First Look: Yash Chopra's Next

Almost a full year ago, I expressed my great inner turmoil regarding this movie. It will mark the joining of two polarizing forces: my one great love, and my one great hate. A film with both Shahrukh Khan and Katrina Kaif seems so unnatural. How can something so pure be paired with something so vile? I contemplated this and then decided to drop the matter. We'll cross that bridge when we get there, I thought.

This week, that bridge has come. My chilling fears were brought to life in the form of visual stills. A movie with Shahrukh and Katrina. It's really happening.  I must now face my fears.

For those unaware of the upcoming project, it's a movie starring Shahrukh Khan, Katrina Kaif, and Anushka Sharma and is Yash Chopra's first directorial venture after the brilliant Veer-Zaara (2004). It's said to be a romantic and emotional film (clearly this is assuming Kat knows how to express emotion on screen) and began filming on February 22 in London.It's set to release this Diwali.

Currently, I'm at a loss. A movie starring the king of romance, directed by Yash Chopra, produced by Yash Raj Films, and with music by A.R. Rahman is bound to be amazing. Anushka Sharma is also something to look forward to. But will it be possible to love a movie if you detest the heroine? Perhaps. After all, Mere Brother Ki Dulhan was one of my favorite movies of 2011 despite the Kaif.

Right now all I can do is believe that Shahrukh Khan will redeem this film regardless of Katrina's performance (or lack thereof).

And maybe one good thing can come of this. Maybe Katrina will learn how to act.

Source: http://bollyspice.com/38477/two-new-looks-at-shah-rukh-khan-and-katrina-kaif-for-yash-chopras-film

3 comments:

  1. I'm feeling torn too! Same reasons - and yet, I really liked Kat in both ZNMD and MBKD; and HAAAAATED Ra One. Maybe this film can work??? But I have an uneasy feeling...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I´m just SO sad about this movie taking shape :( Katrina is a nice and pretty girl, but even though she´s improved she is nowhere close SRK. They look good individually at pictures, but awkward a sa couple. Plus I don´t think SRK should romance these actresses who could be his daughters! We now cringe at Rishi Kapoor with DIvya Bharti in Deewana. I´m affraid in ten years new generation of fans will cringe at seeing the Khans romancing the likes of Anushka, Asin and AKtrina.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i dont have a problem with an age gap, but do it with a bit of realism, make the git rich or powerful, isnt that how most young dumb (aka Kaif) fall for these guys, if it could be called falling. reference the age and make true to type, examine that. as a subject i think that would be very interesting. dont ignore the elephantt in the freaking room. btw your blogs pretty cool

    ReplyDelete