Sunday, March 27, 2011

Song Review: Pyaar Do Pyaar Lo (Thank You)

Film: Thank You (Release Date: April 8, 2011)
Singer: Mika
Composer: Pritam

Pyaar Do Pyaar Lo from the upcoming comedy Thank You starts off, and I'm pumped for an exciting chartbuster that makes me wanna get up and dance. Well, that's pretty much the most excited I was throughout the entire song, as the energy just goes downhill from there.

Don't get me wrong--Pyaar Do Pyaar Lo is a pretty decent track, just not what I expected considering the song is supposed to be picturized on a club scene with the actors dancing alongside scantily clad women. Once I started listening to the song I realized that it felt rather dated in style. I felt like I was listening to something from the late 90s or early 2000s, which isn't necessarily a bad thing for some.

On a positive note, Mika does showcase some versatility through this song. His vocals sound quite different from some of his earlier Bollywood tracks like Mauja Hi Mauja, showing that Punjabi-type music isn't his only forte. But I wasn't a fan of that weird tribal-sounding noise that shows up around 1:18 and then comes up throughout the rest of the song.

The track is also considerably long at over 5 minutes long, which seems like an eternity for this particular song. Especially toward the end, the song just gets monotonous and repetitive and I had to resist pressing the "skip" button. In general, I was expecting much better from a Mika song in a multi-starrer Bollywood film.

Final Verdict: 2/5

2 comments:

  1. hmmm I was scarred by an earlier version of this song and can't bring myself to look at a remake! You've been warned....

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inICXICkdPE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh that's TERRIBLE. Scarred indeed!!!! And hahaha, no wonder the song sounded so dated!!

    ReplyDelete