Sunday, May 15, 2011

Forthcoming: Heroine

Madhur Bhandarkar's forthcoming venture Heroine, starring Aishwarya Rai, was officially announced at the Cannes Film Festival on Friday. A first look at the film (shown above) was also revealed. Heroine is the story of the rise and fall of a superstar in an attempt to show audiences what really goes on in the Bollywood showbiz world. We've definitely already seen this theme in some of Bhandarkar's previous films like Page 3 and Fashion, but hopefully he'll be able to bring something new to the idea. Regardless, showbiz movies personally always fascinate me so I'm definitely looking forward to this one, which is supposed to begin production in June.

Apparently, Kareena Kapoor was Bhandarkar's first choice for the film, and I'm so disappointed that she refused the role! While I'm a fan of Aish's beauty, I'm not so impressed with her acting skills (though she proved me wrong in Devdas), so I feel like Kareena would've been a much better fit for the role. Kareena has really matured throughout the years as an actress and probably would've been able to take on the role better. But hopefully Bhandarkar can work some magic on Aish.

Also, when I first saw this picture I thought that Aish's photo looked kind of dated. As I was reading more about the film, I've been seeing reports that this photo is actually an old one from a L'Oreal shoot years ago. Well...that's lovely. Not. If you haven't done an official photoshoot for a movie yet, why reveal the "first look"? I could've made this on my computer for god's sake! Nice try, guys.

Source: http://www.hindustantimes.com/Bhandarkar-announces-Heroine-at-Cannes/Article1-697184.aspx

3 comments:

  1. Glad Aishwarya was chosen! In my opinion Kareena is overrated as an actress, she always overacts! I have never watched a movie where Kareena has convinced me, I am always aware she is trying too hard. In the last year I have become a huge fan of Aishwarya, she is by far... the Best Actress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Larissa I think Kareena definitely had an overracting problem in her earlier films but I think she finally found her middle ground and was brilliant in films like Yuva, Chameli, Jab We Met, Kurbaan, etc. Aish, on the other hand, I find to be too stiff in most movies, which is unenjoyable to watch for me. But you're definitely entitled to your own opinion! Heroine should be a good flick regardless of who the "heroine" is (I have high expectations of Madhur)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Bolly 'Hood on Kareena - I've always liked her, even in her "worst" movies like Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon, but she has improved so much with time.
    On the other hand, I'm also a fan of Aishwarya. She may overact in some films, but I find her sympathetic -and if she wants, she CAN (act well).

    By the way, I thought that Aish had changed her hair colour - and now it's just an old picture. Don't like.

    ReplyDelete